(Session 2019-2020): CHEMICA invited Dr. Rajkumar Singh, CSIR Scientist from IIP Dehradun, Uttarakhand to deliver a guest lecture on Nanotechnology on 11th January 2020. Dr. Rajkumar involved the students in discussion on various topics and shared his experiences and struggles of life. The students were motivated and asked different queries and were involved in interaction even after the lecture.
(Session 2018-2019): Prof. Indrajit Roy, University of Delhi visited the department on 11th August 2018 for an invited talk on Nanoscience and motivated students and told them about the opportunities at University of Delhi.
(Session 2017-2018): Dr. Ajay Babu Sharma, Associate Professor at Government Degree College Shamli is popular for his motivational interaction with the students and he visited our department in October 2017.
(Session 2016-2017): Dr. Ashwani Kumar, Senior Scientist at USA and also a proud alumni of Vardhaman College also visited the department on 4th January 2017. He interacted with the students, shared his experiences and fond memories and delivered a talk on Nanomaterials to the UG and PG students of the department.
Department of Chemistry was honoured to have Prof. (Dr.) Gurmeet Singh, Head, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi on 24th September 2016, for a motivational and subject oriented Lecture for students of B.Sc. and M.Sc. Chemistry. The response from students was tremendous. A total of 153 students registered for the Lecture and the registrations had to be closed a day before, as there was no room to accommodate more strength.
1. An academic trip to Forest Research Institute (FRI Dehradun) was organised for M.Sc. Students on 4th April 2019. The students explored the museum, visited the chemistry labs and interacted with renowned scientists who guided the students for different opportunities at FRI, Dehradun.
2. Five students of B.Sc. and M.Sc visited Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, under the guidance of faculty members Dr. Vaishali Poonia and Dr. Babita Chaudhary, for a DBT sponsored National Workshop cum Faculty Development Program on “Greening an Undergraduate Lab: GUCL-2018” on 9th-10th August 2018. The workshop provided a great exposure to the students and highlighted on alternative ways to perform experiments in lab with minimum use of chemicals.
1. Dr. Vaishali Poonia attended and presented a paper in the 4th International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Applied Sciences and Technologies (ICIASt-2019) held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 25th-29th June 2019.
2. Dr. Mukesh Kumar and Dr. Devendra Kumar Gangwar attended and presented paper in the National Seminar at G. F. College, Shahjahanpur on 1st-2nd February 2020.
3. Dr. Mukesh Kumar also participated in the National Seminar at G.S.H. College, Amroha on 22nd-23rd February 2020.
4. Dr. Avnish Kr. Arora and Dr. Babita Chaudhary participated and presented paper in the International Conference organised by Invertis University, Bareilly on 28th-29th February 2020.
5. Our education system is also facing a lot of crisis due to the current pandemic COVID-19 and there is definitely a need to alter our mode of education and supplement the classroom teaching with online teaching. Keeping in view the above, Dr. Vaishali Poonia and Dr. Babita Chaudhary enrolled in and successfully completed the Two week Faculty Development Programme on “Managing Online Classes and Co-Creating MOOCS from 18th May -3rd June 2020. The course provided introduction to different softwares that are used for online teaching and also provided hands on training in them.
1. Dr. Vaishali Poonia participated in a conference.. “Psychology today..and road ahead” organised by Shobhit University, Meerut on 22nd November 2018. The purpose of attending the conference was to learn about the psychological and emotional issues that people...especially the youth is going through and ways to deal with the situations as suggested by renowned Psychologists and Psychiatrists from AIIMS, New Delhi, Chandigarh and others.
2. Dr. Vaishali Poonia and Dr. Avnish Kr. Arora also attended a three day Workshop on “Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy” from 26th to 28th November 2018 at IIT Roorkee. The technique and information learnt was later shared with the students in the department.