Vardhaman College, true to its name (Vardhaman means ‘having potential to grow’) has been growing and growing in its ceaseless march to realize its vision that “Nothing that exists is as sacred as knowledge”.
It works to achieve excellence in higher education, empowerment through knowledge, inclusive growth for socioeconomic challenge and sustainable development. In this regard, the College attained “Minority Status” as a “JAIN MINORITY INSTITUTION” in November, 2006.
1. To impart education at graduate and post graduate level in the Faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce and Teacher Education (B.Ed.).
2. To provide equal opportunities of higher education to both male and female students.
3. To inculcate human values such as truth, non-violence, love and patience etc. among the students through the medium of education.
4. To evolve the feeling of patriotism and universal brotherhood by providing special class of moral values and to build up ideal citizens.
5. To develop social, economic, political, psychological and spiritual awareness amongst the students.
6. To awaken sense of accountability towards the nation.
7. To ascertain an educational system in order to fulfill the targets of education, and to impart vocational education.
8. To motivate the students to participate in the various contests like sports competitions and activities for physical education, and to make them capable of making their contribution in nation-building.
9. To work in the field of research, especially in the field of Jain philosophy.
10. To make progress in the development of Jain arts and culture.
11. To provide the facility of consultancy and guidance for the all round development of the students.
Thus, the mission of the College is to reach its goal of producing proficient, upright, and dedicated citizens for the nation.