July 2015 – June 2016
1. Library visit for BA – II & III year students.
2. Students’ seminar on the topic “वृद्धजनों की समस्याएं एवं समाधान” pm 13.01.2016. The students presented their views on the social, economic, psychological, physical, emotional problems of the elderly people in India and provided some suggestions also.
3. Routine objective tests of BA – I, II and III year classes.
July 2016 – June 2017
1. Library visit for BA – II & III year students to make them aware of encyclopedias; original and reference books, bibliography writing etc.
2. Students’ seminar on the topic “सायबर अपराध की बढ़ती समस्याः कारण एवं समाधान” was organized on 19.01.2017. Sociology students presented their views on types, motives and reasons of increasing cyber crimes along with statistical data. It was suggested to use the Technology and Internet very carefully. Anchoring was done by a student.
3. Regular class tests (objective) were held for BA – I, II & III year students.
July 2017 – June 2018
1. A Library visit for BA – II & III year students as part of their methods of Social Research paper.
2. A guest lecture was organized by the department on 20.11.2017. Dr. Anjula Rajvanshi, Associate Professor in Sociology Department, RG (PG) College, Meerut had delivered a lecture on the topic “Career and scope for Degree Holders in Sociology : Government and Non-Government section.” The lecture enlightened the students about the various options available to them in sociology
3. A two days students’ seminar was organized on 12 – 13 Dec., 2017 on the topic “आधुनिक भारत में महिलाओं से सम्बन्धी समस्याएं एवं मुद्देश् ण् थ्पजिममद ेजनकमदजे व िठ।. प्प् - प्प्प् लमंत ींक चतमेमदजमक जीमपत अपमूे वद अंतपवने पेेनमे सपाम लिंग भेदभाव, महिलाओं में कुपोशण, अषिक्षा, बाल विवाह, महिलाओं के विरूद्ध हिंसा, संयुक्त परिवारों में महिलाओं की स्थिति, मुस्लिम समाज में महिलाओं की स्थिति, छेडछाड एवं मोबाइल अपराध, एसिड अटैक, सम्मान रक्षा हेतु हत्या, दहेज प्रथा, घरेलू हिंसा, तलाक, महिलाओं में बेरोजगारी". Anchoring was also done by students only.
4. Objective and subjective class tests were taken in all the 3 years.
5. Mid-Term exam in sociology was held on 11.01.2018.
July 2018 – June 2019
1. Orientation programme for BA- I students on 10.07.2018 in Room No. 05 at 11:20 am.
2. Library visit on 05.12.2018. Students were told about the use and importance of subject dictionary, encyclopedias; gazettes etc in the research and in general.
3. 35 Sociology students were taken for one day Educational Tour to historical city of Hastinapur on 05.01.2019. students visited to Jain and Hindu temples like Jambu Dweep, Kailash Temple, Ashtapad Temple; and Ruins of Pandav’s Fort. Dr. Alka Sahoo, Mr. Prashant Kumar and Mr. Mamraj Singh told the students about the importance of religious places; Role of Religion in Social Control; Sociological Theories of Religion; and usefulness of these types of educational tours.
4. Subject related quiz was also held during the tour.
5. Mid Term exam of Sociology was held on 13.12.2018
July 2019 - June2020
During this session, total 960 (BA I- 437, BA II- 329, and BA III- 194) students registered in Sociology. Along with regular classes, the following main academic activities were held in the department:
1. Orientation Programme was organised on 12.7.2019 for BA Ist year newly admitted students to apprise them about the Sociology subject, faculty members, papers etc.
2. As a more than a decade old tradition, one day Students’ Seminar was organised on 4.1.2020 on the topic “Social Media ka Prabhav aur Bhumika”. Sociology students presented their views on this very relevant topic and spoke on various platforms of Social Media, Social networking Sites, Sharing Economy, Video hosting Sites, Memes, Positive and negative impact of social media on education, politics, religion and health. Anchoring was also done by a student. This activity boosted their confidence before the audience and their expression on the given topic.
3. Objective and Subjective Class Tests are a regular activity in the department for the 9-10 years. Objective test in all the three years (BA I,II,III) were taken time to time.
4. 44 students took part in the Educational Tour to Sugar Mill, Bijnor on 20.2.2020. The students witnessed the whole process of sugar making. They were told about the importance of sugar industry in western UP along with the problems of farmers, minimum wages, positive and negative aspect of industrialisation, jobs in sugar industry, etc. by the Head Dr. Alka Sahoo, Mr. Prashant Kumar and Mamraj Singh. Sugar Mill GM (HR) Mr. A. K. Singh answered the queries of the students.
5. Mid–Term Internal Exam in Sociology was held on 13.12.2019. Out of total 960 students; only 331 (34.48%) BA I= 205, BA II=82, and BA III=44) students had appeared in the exam.